Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review: Lush The Sacred Truth Fresh Face Mask

Whoa man it's Wednesday!! That means exam tomorrow!!!!! I haven't had time to prepare a post this week so this is a something I prepared a month a go (reminds me of those cooking shows and here's what we prepared earlier lol).
................................................................................................
The other day I was in the city, I walked past the Swanston St Lush store. I thought to myself that I haven't bought any Lush face mask in a while so I picked up The Sacred Truth Fresh Face Mask. The lady at Lush said this was the best seller of the day so I gave it a go.

According to Lush "The truth is, we all need protection from ageing. The vital antioxidant action of wheatgrass, ginseng and green tea combines with fresh papaya, cleansing clays and nutritious butters to defend the skin. This mask delivers live, fresh, active ingredients, which enhance and refresh the complexion. Apply to clean skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave for five to ten minutes, and then rinse away with warm water. Keep chilled."
Application: Apply a thick layer on a clean face avoiding the eye area. Leave for 10 mins then rinse off with water.

Additional info:
  • Made in Australia
  • RRP $15.95 75g
  • Not tested on animals

What it feels like: A smooth thick texture. From the photos it reminds me of black sesame ice cream.

What I like:
  • Does not irritate my skin
  • Leaves skin feeling soft

What I dislike:
  • My face felt oily the following morning
  • Not a fan of the scent of this face mask, smell lingers for a while
  • A little harder to wash off, I had to use a wash cloth to get most of it off

Overall: This face mask isn't for me but everyone's preference and skin type is different. Personally I wouldn't buy again. My all time favourite Lush face masks is still Love lettuce and BB seaweed, they are so awesome my face felt so smooth and clean.

Thanks for reading!!!
♥ kerker 
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

26 comments:

  1. >W< i love love love facemasks.
    Good luck on your exam!

    i love ginseng<3<3 ah! this sounds so nice.

    Sorry you didn't care for the mask much :( that stinks.

    -Jae
    aleume.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Jae, it wasnt that bad. I was just expecting the usual awesome scent they have with the other face masks.

      Delete
  2. I really like this mask, it makes my skin feel bouncy and tightened in a good way. I'm also not a fan of the scent though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try a Lush product. I need to make an order or a trip to the store. Have a great exam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! You should, they are great face masks.

      Delete
  4. Oh good luck with your exam tomorrow hun! I'm sure you'll do well! :)
    This one sounds a bit... odd? I actually have never used a Lush mask, and have never even heard of this one? I have heard of the Lettuce and BB Seaweed though, so not sure if she was telling the truth in being a best seller ;) haha!
    Either way, you gave it a go, now you know what works for you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks i need all the luck i can get lol Oh really? I've seen it around the lush store but never tried it. My fave is love lettuce.

      Delete
  5. I love face masks! I'm actually popping into Lush tomorrow to check out the halloween range! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen, they got a halloween range? I always use the same stuff from Lush, only their face masks. I havent tried anything else, what do you recommend?

      Delete
  6. it's too bad it didn't work for you.

    Well good luck on your exam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AtomicNony!! yeh i do love trying products, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

      Delete
  7. Sounds amazing! I've yet to try fresh masks, I feel like they're gonna be wasted because I can't use them too often, but maybe I'll just go for it!
    xx

    Judy's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, they usually have an expiration date of about 3 weeks so gotta use it quick otherwise they get moldy.

      Delete
  8. Lush masks drives me up the wall! Lol!! I'm not one to use them everyday cause I don't actually have the spare time to use them as often and I felt like I was in a race with the expiration date! I did enjoy the cooling sensation on my face when I apply the mask cause I always keep them in the fridge! Perfect for summer! =D

    ♡ M.May

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the LUSH face mask too... This one is on my next shopping list. I'm currently using BB Seaweed. I find that I need to use a wash cloth on all of there masks. I'm hoping it will make my skin more moist :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  10. It totally looks like black sesame ice cream :) I'm a fan of the love lettuce mask as well but don't use Lush masks often because of the short shelf life.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think i need to try this!
    just dropped by to your blog, wanna follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never actually tried Lush - after reading this, I think its time I did!!

    Btw - I have a giveaway on my new blog -feel free to enter:
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/welcome-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of all the lush products I own I am yet to try a face mask! I can't decide between this one and the love lettuce one.... will probably end up getting both haha!!
    Kimmy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice and honest review! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never tried lush product but they always look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can imagine how weird this would smell! I loved the seaweed mask too but I must try out the lettuce mask one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every comment. If you would like me to check out your blog, please hit me up on twitter. Please do not spam your giveaway links.

♥ kerker

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
181398_NARS Cosmetics Summer 2012 468