Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review: Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Makeup

The last few months, I have been on a search for a new base product. When I was offered to try the Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Makeup*, I was so excited. I thought great something for my greasy forehead!!

What it claims "This lightweight gel-cream texture provides all day coverage with a mattifying finish and feels as comfortable as wearing nothing at all. Controls oil breakthrough and keeps skin shine-free, even in extreme heat and humidity all day. Contains shine absorbers to refine the look of troubled areas. Skin looks and feels flawless all day long."

Additional info:
  • RRP $50 (30ml)
  • 20 Shades ranging from very fair to deep
  • Available: Clinique counters or Online
  • Made in Belgium
  • Medium coverage

What I like:
  • It covers without clogging pores
  • Texture is creamy but light
  • Blends easily
  • Feels quite comfortable on the skin
  • Simple and clean packaging in a squeezable bottle
  • Great for summer

Overall: As this is a matte foundation, I wouldn't recommend this for people with dry skin. If you have normal to oily skin, this foundation is great. It doesn't eliminate all shine but it does reduce quite a bit. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a matte foundation!!

Have you matte foundation before? Love/Hate it?
♥ kerker 

5 comments:

  1. I do love a good matte foundation as it helps to control shine in my t-zone! I haven't tried this yet but it sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Clinique, but matte foundation dries out my skin so easily

    ReplyDelete
  3. matte is awesome, but yea this product really does look like it makes your skin look dry. i'm not too big of a clinique fan because i'm bitter about their 3-step line lol.

    Anyways, I'd like to invite you to join my giveaway <3 (ends 11/16/12)
    http://xliciousgirl.com/2012/10/one-year-blog-anniversary-facial-spa-giveaway-ends-111612/

    xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have such oily skin, and I always found that liquid foundations just brake me out... do you think this product would cause more breakouts?


    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi NewlyLoved, thanks for taking your time to comment. To be honest, I'm not sure if this product will cause breakouts. I know it didnt cause me to break out. Perhaps you can go to the clinique counter and ask for some samples so you can go home and try it out?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every comment. If you would like me to check out your blog, please hit me up on twitter. Please do not spam your giveaway links.

♥ kerker

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
181398_NARS Cosmetics Summer 2012 468