Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Guest post: Char reviews Garnier BB cream

Happy Tuesday All! Today I have a special guest, my cousin Char from Foodprints!! This is the first ever guest post hosted on my blog, quite exciting and I got to share it with my cousin. You also get a break from all the grammatical errors that I usually make lol Char will be reviewing the new Garnier BB cream Oily & Combination skin.
..............................................................................................................................................................
This is my first time guest blogging and reviewing make up (as my blog is just an outlet for my food adventures) but I was excited when asked by Kerri of The Ugly Moments (also known as my dear cousin) if I wanted to guest blog, of course I was more than willing!

I've been a long-time user of Garnier's BB Cream but have always found the old formula very dewy once applied and I would never leave the house without applying some powder foundation over it. Once it ran out, I was ready to switch BB creams until Kerri asked if I wanted Garnier's New BB Cream and of course I couldn't say no. And I'm glad I didn't!
The new formula is a great improvement from the old. It is now oil-free; leaving you with a matte finish. It's great if you're in the rush and don't have time to do your make up each morning which I'm guilty of most days. And on days I do have time, I find it is a good alternative to using a primer. It also doesn't have an obnoxious and over-bearing fragrance to it anymore. It is lighter than the old formula yet it doesn't compromise on coverage, as I've found this new formula to give much better coverage and much easier to blend in.
I've been using this product for over a week now and I've found that my pores have minimised and my skin is more hydrated. I highly recommend this product to everyone and anyone!
Char, of foodprints
Instagram: @Chargh
..............................................................................................................................................................
I hope you all enjoyed this guest post from Char. I would like to start monthly guest post on my blog for the next for months as a trial, it's nice to have someone different once in a while. Let me know if you would like to guest post on my blog next month, send me an email or tweet me! I'll try to schedule one guest post per month!
♥ kerker 

14 comments:

  1. Love your review Char! I picked this up myself and absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed it - had some fun doing this review :)

      Delete
    2. P.s. I emailed you about doing a guest post :)

      Delete
  2. I'm happy I stumbled over this review because I was really curious about the new bb cream :) Great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's me! lol Thanks for letting me be apart of your blog ker :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review :) I want to purchase it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just purchased this too and been wanting to try it out. I liked the old formula but like Char had to always ensure I top off with translucent powder. I'm trying to get over a breakout (too much rosehip oil I think) then will be onto the oil-free formula ASAP. Char, did this clog your pores at all?

    K xx
    royalfuchsiakohl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've haven't had an increase in blocked pores because of this product, and it's definitely less heavy than the previous formula so I'd say it will less likely to clog your pores once you switch products :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying Char. I've just started using it and so far so good too :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, it look really matte on your skin and that shade is a nice beige yellow toned shade and not ashy at all! lovely! I don't think I've seen this in singapore yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic review, love reading these!

    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favourite foundation type product of 2012!
    Great review

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this sound good. hope they sell it here in my country

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every comment. If you would like me to check out your blog, please hit me up on twitter. Please do not spam your giveaway links.

♥ kerker

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
181398_NARS Cosmetics Summer 2012 468